Diplomfeier 2019

Wir blicken auf eine wunderschöne Diplomfeier zurück, mit bewegenden Worten, Geschenken, Danksagungen und viel herzlichem Applaus.

NSZ Online – Neue Schmittenwis-Zeitung

Die Zeitung der Schülerinnen und Schüler der Sek Schmittenwis: Ausgabe Juli 2019


Die Klassen 3.1 und 3.2 besuchten am 14. Juni 2019 das Technorama. Sie nutzten die Experimentierwerkstatt, nahmen an Workshops und Präsentationen teil, waren dabei aktiv involviert, erlebten Physik nochmals ganz praktisch zum Abschluss des Naturkunde-Unterrichts.

FAKE. Die ganze Wahrheit

Die gesamte 1. Sek besuchte am Mittwoch, 10. April 2019 das Stapferhaus in Lenzburg.

Bildnerisches Gestalten einmal anders…

Hommage an die pixeligen Game-Grafiken aus den Zeiten von Super Mario Bros. – für einmal ganz analog und praktisch.

Kunst im Wahlfach «Bildnerisches Gestalten» bei Frau Hedinger (13.11.2018).

English+ Report and Results 2018 (Schuljahr 2017/2018)

Zum 10. Mal konnten die Schüler im neunten Schuljahr der Sekundarschule Niederweningen das Freifach English + wählen, um eine Cambridge Prüfung abzulegen. 
Nach einem tollen und arbeitsreichen Schuljahr (für alle Beteiligten!) haben die Schüler ihre Prüfung absolviert. 

Das sind die hervorragenden Resultate:

FCE for schools (B2) Kandidaten


Levente Körmöndi  

Pass Grade A

Anouk Dekker 

Pass Grade C

Latisha Huber  

Pass Grade B

Lorena Eletic  

Pass Grade C

Katarina Kosenko

Pass Grade C

Hélène Buxel 

Pass Grade C

Lionel Spielmann  

Pass Grade C

Daria Albrecht 

Pass Grade C

Jérome de Meurichy 

Pass Grade B

Lukas Hartmann 

Pass Grade C

Claire Wdowik 

Pass Grade C

Flurin Laim

Pass Grade B

Samantha Meile 

Pass Grade A

Grade A = 180-190 Punkte von maximal 190 Punkten auf der ‚Cambridge English Scale’ (C1)
Grade B = 173-179 Punkte auf der ‚Cambridge English Scale’  (B2)
Grade C = 160-172 Punkte auf der ‚Cambridge English Scale’ (B2)


PET (B1) Kandidaten


Emilie Gabrielli 

Pass with Distinction **

Jessica Stadler  


Jessica Trümpy  

Pass with Merit *

Julia Hochstrasser  


Kristina Cukulin  


Luca Meili  


Orell Hofmann  


Sabrina Marty    


Sandro Santioli  

Pass with Merit *

Cédric Félix  


Brendon Jose  


Chris Maag  

Pass with Merit *

Lara Kübli    

Pass with Merit *

Jeffry Dahinden


Celine Beichter


Tanja Jöhr  


Valeria Barzotto


** = 160-170 Punkte von maximal 170 Punkten auf der ‚Cambridge English Scale’ (B2)
*= 153-159 Punkte von maximal 170 Punkten auf der ‚Cambridge English Scale’ (B1)

KET (A2) Kandidaten


Chalana Aluthge Don 


Maria Grazia Mangia  


Naomi Müller  


Tanit Rosenberger 


Ich möchte an dieser Stelle allen Kandidatinnen und Kandidaten für das spannende Schuljahr mit euch danken, allen GRATULIEREN, und euch mindestens so viel Erfolg wünschen für euren weiteren Bildungsweg wie im English +!
Susan Hirt 


Eindrücke aus Schülersicht über English+

FCE Speaking
On Friday 25. May 2018 we had the speaking exams in Zurich. 
The whole FCE group went on the train together to the institute. In Zurich we had lots of free time until we had our exams. Everyone had their exams at a different time, I, for example, had my test at 11.35. They told us on the Entry Statements that we needed to be there 15 minutes before our exam started, in case that we had to stand in for a missing person. 
So I went there at 11.15. I needed to show my ID and my Entry Statement. Then I just had to wait in the waiting room until they called me for the exam information. I got a mark sheet to give the interlocutor and I got introduced to my speaking partner. Some of us had their speaking exam with somebody from our school, like me and others had their speaking exam with strangers. I don’t know which is better, I think both have their advantages and disadvantages. 
They lead us to the room where our speaking took place and then we needed to wait again. 
In the speaking itself we needed to talk about our family, our hometown, rules at home. Further, if parents should decide what their children should wear and eat and if parents can co-determine the friends of their children. 
The speaking was very short, just about 14 minutes. After the speaking we were free again and just relaxed at the lake. – Hélène

I had my speaking exam with Lorena. We had to be there 15 minutes before it started. There were 10 other people in this room, who waited to take the exam.
It was a small room we had to wait in. After a while, a woman came in and said, we should wait in a line, so she could check our ID’s.
And after that, we waited a further 5 min.
A nice man took us to our exam room. The examiner, his colleague and of course, Lorena and myself were in this room. 
The examiner introduced himself and his colleague.He took our mark sheets and asked us where we live and what we like about living there.
Speaking with Lorena was part 2 of the test. We had to discuss about different situations with money.
Then in part 3 we had to speak on our own with the examiner about pictures, showing different family trips. He asked us what would we prefer: going hiking with the family or having dinner with them and some other questions.
During the exam I was nervous, so I sometimes forgot some words, but the examiner always smiled and was really nice, even when I got something wrong.
That helped me a lot. – Lukas

On the 25th of May we finally had our Speaking test for the First Certificate for Schools. We all had to be there at different times, but we still travelled together as a group. The test took place in the middle of  Zurich. I had my test at around 9 o`clock. As I went in there they took my Entry statement and checked my ID. After that I was sent into a waiting room where I didn`t wait for very long until they called my name.  Then I was sent into another waiting room where a supervisor explained the exact instructions of what we were going to do. After that me and my speaking partner were sent to a corridor where we waited for a few minutes until our examiner called us in. Then the test started. 
In the begining we had to introduce ourselves, so our examiner asked us for our names and where we came from. The examiner started out with simple questions. She mostly asked us for our opinions about certain topics. The questions and tasks she gave us weren’t too difficult, but still hard to answer because there were some topics that I had personally never talked about. That was the reason why at some point I was pretty clueless. The examiner was very friendly and took every comment we said with humour. It was different from any test I have ever taken, but still a great experience and I’m glad that I did it. – Katarina Kozenko

The first exam we had to take was the Speaking exam. I was rather excited than nervous, because I was pretty well prepared. I had the exam with one of my friends, even though we didn’t plan it out, so it came as a surprise when they called her name after mine. It was both an advantage and a disadvantage. It was great because I felt comfortable talking to her, but maybe I was a bit too comfortable, and used American slang. The examiner was nice, and had a poker face the whole time, so I really couldn’t tell whether what I said was correct or not. The only thing I found weird is that she started asking us questions while we were still standing and packing our IDs away. Like, c’mon lady, let us settle in. But she was really nice afterwards. – Levente


The Use of English and Reading Comprehension part of the Cambridge Exam FCE

Since 2015 the Use of English is combined with the Reading in the actual exam. In the pre-testing we had two different tests. 
This test lasted for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, and it was also the first test on our second exam day. There were three parts in the Use of English and also three parts in the Reading exam.
In the Use of English part I first had to answer some multiple-choice questions, which were quite easy. In part 2, I had to fill in gaps in a text, but I don’t remember what the topic of this text was. For the last part in the Use of English I was given some adjectives, which I had to transform. 
In the Reading part we had to read a text about two friends, and answer 
multiple-choice questions about it. The second part was a text with some missing parts and I had to write in the letter of the right missing part given on the other page. The last part of the Reading was an interview and next to this text it had some statements. I had decide which part of the text matched the given statement. 
After I was finished with the question paper, I had to transfer it to the answer sheet, where I also double-checked it. Then the first exam was already over and we had a break for about 15 minutes until we had to do the next exam. – Daria Albrecht

On the second day on Saturday we had to write the Reading and Use of English test at FCE level.
For this test we had 1 hour and 15 minutes time. 
The first part was Use of English. 
In one part we had to choose an answer for some multiple choice tasks.
There was also a part where we had to complete sentences with our own words. Just one verb was given. That was quite difficult.
Another task was to add your own words into the sentences. 
I found this task the most difficult in the whole test, because you didn't always know if you had even thought about the right subject and if it was about something completely different.
The second part was Reading. This section was about understanding a text and then combining it with various adjectives or small phrases.
Overall I thought that the test was not that difficult because most tasks were just multiple choice, so you could get points even if you didn't know the answer.
I had plenty of time left after I had finished the test so I spent the time correcting and reading through my answers.
I am not quite sure, but I heard that I can take advanced in my apprenticeship if I pass FCE. – Flurin

In the English plus lessons we were told how strict the rules are and how being late would prevent us from taking the exam. However we ended up waiting for 20 minutes for one last participant to show up. At the beginning of the exam I felt very pressured which made me work very fast so it didn`t take much time for me to finish the first paper. 
So I ended up double, triple checking the Reading and Use of English part. In that part we had to read several texts and match sentences with the part in the text that belongs with it or fill in gaps, or rearrange sentences with one specific word given. Overall I am satisfied with my work and think it was a valuable experience. – Samantha


Writing Task at FCE

The third part of the exam was about writing. It took 1 hour and 30 minutes.
In total there were 5 topics to choose from. The very first part was mandatory. The text was about your own opinion, if watching TV is a waste of time.
We could choose a topic for the second text and these were the ones
that were available:
You could write about an animal that is famous for Switzerland,
such as the cow.
The third topic was to continue writing a story. It was about a girl
who opened the door and what she saw behind it.
The fourth text was about a school experience. That's the one I
selected. I wrote about a bad school trip. This was obviously one of
the easier ones, because it was my own experience to write about.
Then we could write an e-mail about something. I don’t remember
exactly what it was about anymore, but there were questions we had to
answer while writing.
For the very last part we were already able to prepare ourselves for the 
topic in class. We had been given a book titled Treasure Island. You could read it voluntarily. In the test you then had to describe the main
Each text should have been between 120 and 190 words. The time given was too long, so some of us had to wait up to 40 minutes until the exam was over.
All in all, it was one of the simpler elements of the exam. – Lorena Eletic

It took us 1hour and 30minutes even though some of us were finished earlier including me. In my opinion it was the easiest exam we had that day. My ideas just kept cascading and I wrote a pretty good story. I was so into writing that I got scared everytime someone coughed or made a sound. The first task was compulsory writing an essay about televison. The second one, was your own choice. I chose writing a story since I’m quite confident when writing stories. – Latisha Huber 


The Writing exam

On the 26. May 2018 all the FCE students had the writing exam. We went on the train at 7:05, which was way too early for many of us! Together we travelled by train to Hardbrücke and from there we took the bus and the tram. After 50 minutes of travelling we finally arrived in Altstetten, where the Cambridge exam took place. 
There were 2 parts in the Writing exam. In the first part you had to write an essay about TV, the essay had to be between 140 to 190 words. In my opinion the first part was easier than the second part, because the topic wasn’t that difficult.
In the second part you could choose between 4 topics, I chose the first one. I had to answer an email, the main topic I had to write about was an important animal from Switzerland. I wrote about cows.
The email had to be between140-190 words and the whole writing took 1hour and 20 minutes. It was really tough, but I think everyone from our school had enough time, also to double-check the writing. – Lionel

The writing part was quite easy for me. I knew one thing for sure while I was taking the course, that I wasn’t going to write a story. I ended up writing a story after all. The other subjects seemed so stupid, so I had no other choice, than to find out a tale. I included a few key points in the plot that have actually happened to me, so it was kind of easy to just tell my story. I should have written at the end “based on true events”. Ms. Hirt was a big help for us during the course and she ensured that our exams went smoothly. With these words I would like to thank her for being an amazing teacher! – Levente


FCE Listening

Listening was the last test we took.
After the break from the  writing test we went to the room, where the exams took place. 
Everybody sat on their given chair. First they played something that had nothing to do with the test to check if the sound was alright for everybody. It seemd like everybody could hear it. At the beginning we heard an interview. Besides the Interview, we heard stories from different people and a small documentary too.  We heard everything twice. There were multiple choice questions, but we also had to fill in the gaps in a text. Because it was the last test, my concentration wasn’t the best, but it was still good. – Claire Wdowik

Report about the FCE course:

In the beginning we watched videos of the speaking part and did a lot of old tests to prove if this is really the right level for us. These videos and old tests helped me a lot. We also had two pretesing sessions one in October and one in March. (pretesting sessions are „Pseudoprüfungen“ sent from Cambridge and also corrected in Cambridge.) We also looked at some grammar topics and Mrs. Hirt gave us a list of verbs and vocabulary that we had to know and use in the Cambridge exams. This was also very helpful. We read a book and wrote a test about it. My book was called „Brat Farrar“. After that  we did a couple of speaking tests to practice for the real one. While always two students had a speaking test together, the others worked in books to learn for the  grammar, listening, reading and writing part.
I’m very excited about the results and hope I did well.
The FCE course was very helpful and also fun. – Anouk
Vorbereitungen für die PET Cambridge Prüfung vom 6.6.18

Nach den Sommerferien begannen wir mit den Vorbereitungen für die grosse Englische Prüfung. Wir hatten lange Zeit und jedoch hatte es sich gelohnt so früh anzufangen. Wir bekamen von Frau Hirt drei mini Bücher. Ein Buch war „Grammar“, ein anderes „Vocabulary“ und das 3. Buch war „Common Mistakes at PET level“. Jede Woche mussten wir eine Unit in jedem Buch vollenden.
Während den Stunden behandelten wir ein paar Grammatik Themen / Probleme und dazu bekamen wir immer Arbeitsblätter. 
Nachdem wir viele Sachen wiederholt hatten, hatten wir die erste Probeprüfung. Um zu sehen wo wir standen. Viele wechselten auch die Niveaus, weil sie entweder zu gut waren und es einfach fanden oder sie waren unter dem Schnitt und fanden es schwer. Ungefähr nach den Herbstferien waren alle in dem Niveau in dem sich jeder wohl gefühlt hat.
Es änderten viele die Niveaus aber der Stoff blieb gleich (nur inhaltlich anders) sowie der Aufbau der Stunden. In der ersten Stunde kontrollierten wir die Aufgaben und repetierten das Thema. In der zweiten Lektion arbeiteten wir selbstständig an Büchern oder Arbeitsblätter. 
Zwischen durch gab es auch Probeprüfungen. (Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking) Diesmal um zu sehen wo und was wir verbessern sollten.
Mitte Dezember / Anfang Januar bekamen wir ein Buch zum lesen. Als Klasse entschieden wir uns für „Sherlock Holmes and his last Story“. Auf die nächste Stunde mussten wir immer 1 oder 2 Kapitel lesen und dazu Aufgaben lösen, entweder ein Arbeitsblatt, oder Aufgaben die hinten im Buch standen. Manchmal mussten wir beides machen. 
Währendem wir 1 oder 2 Kapitel gelesen hatten hörten wir diese Abschnitte von einem Hörbuch, damit wir wussten wie man es aussprechen sollte. Frau Hirt pickte dann verschiedene Schüler raus die es vorlesen dürfte.
Nach den Sportferien wurde es langsam ernster. Wir hatten immer mehr Probeprüfungen und die Stunden verliefen immer gleich. Sie bestanden aus Prüfungen oder selbständiges arbeiten. Frau Hirt hatte viele Übungsbücher für uns. 
Nach den Frühlingsferien hatten wir hauptsächlich „Speaking“ Prüfungen und sonst nur kleine. Wir arbeiteten selbständig an den Büchern. Mitte Mai mussten wir eine Präsentation vorbereiten mit dem Thema „ Was werde ich nach der Sekundarschule machen?“ Ich glaube Frau Hirt machte dies absichtlich um uns sprechen zuhören, weil nicht viele mehrere Speaking Prüfungen gemacht hatten.
Wenige Wochen später war der Tag der Prüfung vor der Tür. Einen Tag vorher informierte unsere Englischlehrerin Frau Hirt, wie es dort ablaufen wird und wo es war. Gut vorbereitet gingen wir dorthin.
Nach der Prüfung waren alle erleichtert. Jetzt warten wir nur noch auf die Resultate.
Jetzt in den Englischplus Lektionen arbeiteten wir nichts mehr. Wir schauten noch einen Film und assen viele Popcorn das Frau Hirt organisiert hat, oder Sachen die wir selber auch mitbringen konnten. – Tanja Jöhr



I’m so happy that I chose the English PET-course as an optional subject. I learnt a lot of new things and the exam was a good experience for the future. 
At first we watched some Videos of the Speaking exams. To learn more we got three books, one grammar, one common mistakes at PET level, and one vocabulary. We had to do one page for homework in each book per week. During the lessons we did some worksheets to prepare us for the single parts in the Exam. We got some examples with useful ideas. Also we did a few speaking tests for the preparation. 
After the autumn holidays we did the first Cambridge pre-test. They helped us to see how the real exam would be. We also knew in which part we had to improve. For this we had books with the tasks. They also included the keys.
Halfway through the course we began to read a book, to practise the reading comprehension. 
Then we had another pre-test exam. With this test we knew, if we were on the right track for the exam. 
Until June we did some last exercises. On 7th June we did the real PET-exam. I would recommend that the 3rd year students should do the English plus course. – Sabrina Marty 


PET Reading Comprehension and Writing Exam

Der Writing und Reading Test dauerte 1Stunde und 30 Minuten. Wir waren alle in einer grossen Halle verteilt. Alle Mobiltelefone wie sonstige Elektronische Mittel mussten am Anfang abgeschalten werden ansonsten wurde man disqualifiziert. Die Handys mussten in eine kleine blaue Tasche versorgt werden. Unsere ID karten wurden gründlich gecheckt und dann ging der Test los. Die ersten Aufgaben waren recht leicht zu lösen. Allerdings hatte es auch Aufgaben, welche ziemlich schwer und anspruchsvoll waren. In der Mitte des Test gab es eine 20 Minütige Pause in jener wir raus ging durften aber unsere Handys drinnen lassen mussten. Zuletzt musste einen kurzen und längeren Brief schreiben. Im ersten und kürzeren Text ging es darum einen Dankes Brief an einen Freund zu schreiben. Im zweiten und durchaus längeren Brief musste ich über meine Traum Ferien berichten. Ich war schon nach einer Stunde fertig mit dem Test. Daher hatte ich noch 30 Minuten Zeit mir alles genau durch zu lesen. Ich hatte nach dem Test ein recht gutes Gefühl, da mir nichts wirklich schwer gefallen ist. – Sandro

On 7th June we went with the half past eight train to Glattbrugg. From there we took the the tram to Kloten. When we arrived in Kloten we struggled to find the way to the exam centre. But after a 15 minutes walk, we found it. At the registration desk we had to show our IDs and Entry Statements. I was very nervous, but after about ten minutes my nervousness was gone. After the Writing Exam we had the Listening, which went very well. Following the exams we had done, we went back to the train station of Glattbrugg. From there we took the train to Zürich and walked to the park. We had to wait there for two hours until we had the Speaking exam. I had my exam with Sandro and it went very well. We had to talk about relaxing and what we think is the best way to relax. The Speaking test took about 15 minutes and then we could go home. That was the end of the day. – Orell

PET Listening                                        

In the morning, we did the Listening, the Reading and Writing exam. 
For me, the Listening was the easiest part of the exam, because I had practised it alot. This exam lasted about 40 minutes.
This Exam was made out of four parts. In these four parts, there were 35 Questions. In order to answer, we had to prove, that we understood a wide range of spoken language, announcements and everyday discussions.
We don’t know the results yet. – 25.6.2018, Chris Maag

On the 7th of June was the PET exam. We went by train to Kloten where the Reading & Writing and the Listening exam was held. After we were finished with the Reading & Writing we had a little break. Then it was time for the Listening. Every student had his own desk. On the table the answer sheets were already ready. But first we had to write our answers on the question paper and after the test we got 6 minutes to fill our answers onto the answer sheet. We were able to hear each question twice, so we had the opportunity to fill empty lines or correct our answers after we heard the text for the second time. The listening lasted about 35 minutes all together. – Jessica Trümpy


PET Speaking Test

The last Cambridge Pet test we had, was the speaking in Zurich.
We had to be there 15 minutes before the exam began.
We waited for 10 to 15 minutes, than a woman came and took us to a room,
where we got the exam information and rules.
After that the woman brought us to our exam room, where we had to sit and wait until the examiner asked us to come in. My test partner was Jeffry.
I was glad that he was my speaking partner and not somebody I didn’t know.
First they asked us personal questions and then we had to discuss a situation.
We had to discuss about what would be the best present for somebody that was leaving a motorcycle club. Also we needed to talk together about what we like to do at the weekend. At the end we needed to describe a picture. I think the speaking exam was the easiest one, because I could practice a lot in Mrs Hirt’s lessons. – Emilie

We had to be there 15 minutes before the speaking test started. When we were there, we went inside of the Cambridge building and than we had to go upstairs. Upstairs we had to go through a door and than we saw two rooms. One of the rooms was a waiting room, and the other was for instructions and questions. We had to show our ID card and our Entry Statement to an elderly woman, she told us that we had to go to the waiting room. In the waiting room were some chairs and a red couch. Sabrina wanted to sit on the red couch. After a few minutes some other people came in. At 14:30 a woman came into the waiting room and told us that we had to go with her. We went into the instruction and question room. She told us what we had to do, when she was finished we had to go into a long corridor and we had to sit down on chairs. Sabrina and I were really nervous, but then the door opened and we had to go in there. In the room there was a woman and a man. The woman was the examiner and the man just listened to us. We had to put our phones into blue bags and than we had to sit down at a table opposite them. The test started and she asked me some questions, than she asked Sabrina some questions. It was easy because, the questions were really the same as in the tests taken with Mrs Hirt. She told us that there are three parts in the test. One was about a situation in a football club, where we had to decide on fan items for the club. The second part was a picture. In the picture we saw people waiting for something and we had to describe it. In the third part we had to tell her what we like to do in the afternoons. During the test my nervousness went away and I just talked without really thinking. The test ended really fast and she just said goodbye. I was really happy that we were finished and now I just hope that I have passed the test. – Julia Hochstrasser

Der Speaking Test hat etwa 15 Minuten gedauert.
Aber man musste schon 15 Minuten früher dort sein, und man musste sich identifizieren können mit einer ID Karte, Pass oder so Ausweise halt. 
Dann musste man im Wartezimmer warten bis man aufgerufen wurde und man dann zum Raum gebracht wird indem das Ganze stattfinden soll.
Eigentlich ist es ein Speaking Test wie man es bei Frau Hirt kennt.
Man muss dort auch gegenseitig Bilder beschreiben und miteinander im Gespräch bleiben.
Am Anfang musste man auch seinen Namen Buchstabieren.(Genau gleich wie bei Frau Hirt.)
Man musste auch über seine Freizeitbeschäftigungen erzählen, zB was man macht, wann man es macht und wie.
Im grossen und ganzen ist es fast 1 zu 1 der selbe Speaking Test wie bei Frau Hirt.
Also lohnt es sich auch einige Speaking Tests hinter sich zu haben. – Luca

I started the English + course at PET level, a few weeks later Mrs. Hirt offered me to join the First Certificate class. So I tried pretestings at First Certificate, but also at PET level. The PET level results were pretty good, but the First Certificate results weren’t satifactory at all. So Mrs. Hirt and I decided I should take the PET exam. A couple weeks later I came up with the decision not to take an exam, because I felt way too nervous. So nervous I couldn’t sleep at night. I don’t know if this was the right choice to make or not. Maybe next year I’ll take a PET exam. – Michelle


KET Speaking Exam day

Thursday at 9.05 am we got train Niederweningen to  Zurich. We were 4. Maria, Tanit, Naomi and Myself. In Oberglatt  Ms.Hirt also got on the Train. After we walked about 10min to The Cambridge exam building. Tanit and I had our speaking test first. The speaking test was only 10min. In the speaking test we had to speak about ourself and about a book shop. They gave one of us an information paper and the other person a question paper. We had to ask each other questions and answer them using the information paper. Naomi and Maria had their speaking test at 11 Clock. It was also 10 min. After we had one and a half hour Lunch break. Then at 1 pm we got the train to Kloten. – Chalana


Speaking  Exam KET

On the 7th June the KET class went to Zürich to take the Cambridge exams. 
When we were in Zuerich we had some free time first (30 min.).
The first exam we had was the Speaking test. Two students had to talk  to each other and with the examiners. The examiners also asked us some questions. 
The examiner was a women, she was very polite to me. 
My partner was one of my friends in my class, Naomi Müller. 
At the beginning she asked us how to spell our surname. It was not difficult for me, because we had practised this many times in Englisch plus. 
Then the examiner asked some questions about my school, my hobbies  and my favourite Films.
After that, we had to talk to each other and ask some questions. The Speaking test was very short, about 15 minutes. I think the test was not difficult. When we had finished, we went to Kloten with Mrs Hirt for the others exams. – Maria 


KET- Cambridge Reading and Writing

Zuerst hatten wir in Zürich neben dem Jelmoli unsere erste Prüfung das Speaking, danach gingen wir vom Zürich HB aus nach Kloten mit Frau Hirt zu unseren nächsten 3 Prüfungen, Listening, Reading und Writing. 
Frau Hirt begleitete uns bis zu dem Gebäude wo die Prüfungen geschrieben wurden, die Regeln an den Prüfungen sind sehr streng, was aber auch gut ist denn so kann man nicht schummeln. Man darf nur eine 100% durchsichtige Flasche mit Wasser in den Raum nehmen, muss sie aber auf den Boden stellen, so wie das Handy muss ausgeschaltet werden und ebenso auf den Boden gelegt werden. Das Reading und Writing waren mehrere Seiten, zu aller erst mussten wir angeben an welchem Unterricht wir Teil genommen haben. (KET, PET oder First ), unser alter, Muttersprache den Namen und noch anderes mussten wir ebenso angeben.
Zwischen dem Reading und Writing und dem Listening hatten wir eine Pause von ca. 15 bis 20 Minuten, in dieser Pause durften wir nicht ans Handy- es nicht mitnehmen und ebenso nichts aus dem Raum mit/raus nehmen. 
Die Prüfungen an sich fand ich Persönlich nicht sehr schwer, man muss sich einfach sehr gut auf die Prüfung Konzentrieren und nicht auf anderes was gerade passiert.
Die Reise mit Frau Hirt und den anderen war sehr angenehm und bereitete uns keinen Stress, wir lachten viel und waren nicht angespannt und nervös für die nächsten Prüfungen.
Die zeit die wir für die Prüfungen lernten war sehr cool und Frau Hirt lernte uns sehr viel was wir jetzt für die Zukunft brauchen und benützen können.
Danke vielmals Frau Hirt.  Tanit



For the Listening exam we were in a big room in a building near Zurich airport. It was the last exam of the day. We had to be there 15 minutes before the exam started. It last 35 minutes. When the exam started, we got the information and rules. A woman told us when we could start. The exam was very easy, I thought so, but I was really nervous, so I don’t know if I had everything or most of it right. During the exam a man walked around and observed us. There were 4 parts of the exam. In one part the speaker spoke about a situation and we had to fill the gaps in the text with the words he said. Another part was with pictures, there we had to tick the correct picture. The third part was a conversation between a girl and his friend. They talked about holidays. We had to decide if the sentence was correct or incorrect. The last part was a conversation too, we were given a question and four answers and we had to put the tick to the correct answers. After 35 minutes the woman and the man collected our exams and that was the and of the listening part. – Naomi Müller

Lager der Klasse 2.3: Sportcamp Melchtal in Obwalden (03.09.-07.09.)

Das Lager 

Das Sportcamp, in dem wir waren, befand sich im Melchtal im Kanton Obwalden. Das Melchtal liegt auf  890 m Höhe. Das Dorf wird durch eine Schlucht abgeschlossen.

Ziel des Klassenlagers war es, das Sozialverhalten zu verbessern und natürlich auch, weil es ein Sportlager war, sportliche Tätigkeiten zu betreiben.


Highlights aus dem Programm


Montag: Wanderung auf das Balmeregghorn

Um 10:00 Uhr liefen wir alle zusammen zur Melchsee-Frutt Gondel und warteten bis wir von Frau Streicher und Herr Weibel die Tickets bekamen, dann ging es auch schon los. Wir stiegen in die Gondel ein und sie bewegte sich langsam vorwärts Richtung Endstation, die Fahrt ging ungefähr 10 Minuten. Als wir alle ausgestiegen sind, liefen wir zusammen um den Melchsee herum. Es war wunderschön. Da die Sonne schien, konnten wir die Aussicht geniessen. Als wir den See umkreist hatten, sassen wir an den Melchsee und assen einen kleinen Snack, weil wir wussten, dass die Wanderung erst jetzt richtig losging. 

Nach der kleinen Pause ging es weiter auf das Balmeregghorn.   Als wir ihn von unten betrachteten, konnten wir uns überhaupt nicht vorstellen, den Berg hinaufzuwandern. Als wir ein paar Meter gegangen waren merkten wir schnell, dass diese Beklimmung kein Kinderspiel war. In einzelnen Gruppen keuchten wir den Berg hinauf, zu vorderst waren Herr Weibel und ein paar Jungs und nach und nach kamen die anderen hinterher. Als man die ersten von unten ganz auf dem Gipfel sah, gaben sich alle nochmal ein bisschen mehr Mühe, da jeder nur noch auf den Gipfel wollte und die Aussicht über das Panorama und die Landschaft geniessen wollte. Und schon bald nach grosser Anstrengung und ein paar vergangenen Minuten standen beziehungsweise sassen wir alle zusammen und tranken aus unseren Wasserflaschen. Es war ein wahnsinniges Gefühl dort oben zu stehen und einfach nur Stolz sein zu können, es bis auf das Balmeregghorn geschafft zu haben.

Donnerstag: Höhlentour

Um 10:00 gingen wir los. Wir fuhren mit einer Gondel nach Melchsee Frutt. Dann mussten wir 30 Minuten zur Höhle wandern. Als wir ankamen, bekamen wir ein Overall von einem sehr netten Bergführer. Wir teilten uns in zwei Gruppen auf. Die zweite Gruppe musste 1 1/2 Stunden warten, da die andere Gruppe in der Höhle war. Die anderen gingen in ein Restaurant und machten ein Spiel namens „Eisbärenspiel“ und tranken nebenbei Schokoladenmilch oder Punsch.

In der Höhle war es kalt, nass und schlammig. Zuerst mussten wir durch einen schmalen Spalt kriechen. Später mussten wir klettern und Hindernisse überwinden. 

In der Höhle gab es viele Stalagmiten und Stalaktiten. Diese Steingebilde entstanden durch Jahrelanges Wassergebilde, die Wellenförmig sind.

Als Abschluss mussten wir uns, an einer Felswand abseilen. Die 30 Meter hoch ist. Für alle Leute war es sehr anspruchsvoll. Am späteren Abend grillierten wir Bratwürste und Cervelats


Zusammengefasst war das Klassenlager ein richtiger Erfolg, weil wir als Klasse viel mehr zusammengewachsen sind. Das war auch das Ziel! 


Redaktion: Klasse 2.3

Rockstars aus dem Wehntal

Ein besonderes Konzert fand am Samstag, 22. September 2018 im Dorfmuseum Lengnau statt. Im Rahmen vom dreitägigen Kulturanlass eat&meet spielten Jugendliche aus der Region eines oder mehrere Lieder vor grossem Publikum. Gleich zwei Formationen kamen aus dem Wehntal. Für viele Jugendliche war es der erste Auftritt überhaupt. Trotz Lampenfiebers legten sie alle eine völlig überzeugende und berührende Show hin. Das Publikum war begeistert, der Applaus überwältigend. Beim anschliessenden Karaoke nahmen Jung und Alt teil. Zum Schluss führten zwei Schülerinnen aus dem Surbtal sogar noch einen selbst komponierten und geschriebenen Song vor.

Für den unvergesslichen Abend bedanken wir uns speziell bei den zwei Musikerinnen von RockStar Music in Ehrendingen, Heather Brewer und Christina Frei. Ihre Energie und ihre ungehemmte Freude an der Musik sind einfach ansteckend. Der Anlass wird nächstes Jahr erneut stattfinden und zwar am Samstag, 21. September 2019. Interessierte können sich schon jetzt an David Burgherr von der Sek Schmittenwis wenden.

Einweihung des jüdischen Kulturwegs, Klasse 3.2, 20. September 2018

Unsere Exkursion Begann damit, dass wir uns am Nachmittag beim Bahnhof trafen. Die Busfahrt nach Lengnau ging schnell und ohne Zwischenfall. Wir wurden fröhlich auf dem Dorfplatz empfangen und die schon gemachten Gruppen wurden den 8 Posten zugeteilt. Insgesamt waren alle Posten sehr toll, aber uns haben diese drei Posten wegen verschiedenen Argumenten besonders überrascht und begeistert:

Spiel bei der Mühle: Bei diesem Posten musste eine Organisatorin dabei sein, die das Leiterspiel leitete. Wir lernten, dass der Alltag eines Juden oder einer Jüdin sehr hart war. Die Juden in der Schweiz durften sich seit dem 17. Jahrhundert nur noch in Lengnau niederlassen. Die Wahl fiel auf dieses Dorf weil es günstig gelegen war. Im Norden war Zurzach, welches ein bedeutender Handelsplatz war. Juden durften nämlich ebenfalls nur als Beruf Händler werden. In diesen Dörfer waren Juden aber nicht bei allen willkommen. Und sie wurden manchmal von Christen ausgeraubt und die Häuser beschädigt.

Ebenfalls lernten wir viel bei dem Posten „Doppeltüre“. Wir, die Pizzaboten, mussten verschiedene Pizzen einem Haus mit Doppeltüre abliefern. Die eine Tür durften nur Christen die andere nur Juden betreten. Die Pizzen, die Koscher sind, durften die Juden essen.

An dem 3. Posten mussten wir unsere Namen auf Hebräisch schreiben. Dies war nicht so einfach, da es im Hebräischen keine Vokale gibt. Der Posten zeigt, wie schwer es die Jüdischen Kinder beim Lernen vom Alphabet hatten.

Für die Posten gab es eine Zeitbeschränkung, die sehr knapp gehalten war. Obwohl der Postenlauf ein wenig stressig war, war es ein toller Ausflug. Nun versammelten wir uns wieder auf dem Dorfplatz und es gab einen erfrischenden Apero. Da es sich um eine Einweihung handelte, kam das Fernehen und es waren Journalisten anwesend. Ein paar Schüler liessen sich Interviewen. Diese Interviews sind auf SRF nachzusehen. Auf der Heimreise dachten wir schon, ein Schüler sei in den falschen Bus eingestiegen. Insgesamt war diese Exkursion ein sehr schönes und eindrückliches Erlebnis.

Redaktion: Sina, Noemi, Nick

Weitere Berichte zu diesem Anlass:
Aargauer Zeitung

Nichts wie Weg(gis)! Lager der Klasse 2.2, 03.-07. September 2018

Am Montag Morgen versammelten wir uns beim Bahnhof Niederweningen Dorf, ausser Ramòn und Emely waren wir vollständig. Diese wurden mit dem Auto hinaufgefahren. Der Rest fuhr als erstes nach Luzern, wo wir einen anspruchsvollen Foxtrail (Schnitzeljagd) machten, welcher in diversen Gruppen ausgeführt wurde. Danach überquerten wir mit dem Schiff den See nach Weggis und liefen den kleinen Berg zum Lagerhaus hinauf. Zusammen genossen wir dann den ersten Abend mit Musik und Tanz. 

Am zweiten Tag begann das Abenteuer mit einem Problem. An der Seilbahnstation mussten wir leider alle erfahren, dass ein Mitschüler schwerwiegende Höhenangst hat. Dieser musste dann von Lukas (dem Bruder von Frau Funke) abgeholt werden und verbrachte den Tag zusammen mit Ramòn und Emely bei der Essensbesorgung. Wegen diesem Zwischenfall verpassten wir unsere reservierte Seilbahn und mussten 30 Minuten warten. Als wir oben ankamen, begann unsere Wanderung. Diese führte uns bis zur Rigi, wo wir ein schönes Panorama genossen. Anschliessend fuhren wir mit der Bahn ein Stückchen runter. Danach teilten wir uns auf; die einen fuhren mit der Seilbahn hinunter und die sehr wanderlustigen legten den Weg zu Fuss zurück. Am späten Nachmittag waren wir alle wieder im Haus zurück. 

Am Mittwoch fand eine abenteuerliche Kanufahrt in Brunnen auf dem Vierwaldstättersee statt. Im Bus auf dem Hinweg bekamen einige komplizierte Magenprobleme... Danach liefen wir zum Bootsverleih. Dort konnten wir uns mit unseren beiden Guides nicht gerade gut anfreunden. Trotzdem war die Tour wunderschön und führte uns zu verborgenen Buchten und durch schmale Felswände. In den drei Grosskanadier war Teamwork gefragt und alle mussten synchron paddeln, was nicht so einfach war. Nach dem Kanufahren duften wir bei der eiskalten Seebadi baden gehen, was jedoch nur die wenigsten taten. Am Schluss beglückte uns Frau Funke mit einem Eis. Bei der anschliessenden Busfahrt gab es keine Vorfälle mehr J. 

Am nächsten Tag machten wir einen Postenlauf um das Haus herum, welcher durch Frau Küng, Emely und Ruby organisiert wurde. Nachmittags war ein Besuch in der Badi geplant, doch dieser wurde einstimmig abgewählt. Eine Person hatte dafür nicht so viel Verständnis, hatte aber dann doch mit seiner kalten Dusche einen kleinen Trostpreis. Am Abend wurde sehr köstlich und deliziös grilliert. Alle Abendessen waren dank den Kochgruppen und der Küchenchefin Frau Funke Senior gut gelungen. Nach dem Essen machten wir ein kleines Lagerquiz, anschliessend durften wir die aussergewöhnlich guten Fotos unserer krassen Klassenkameraden ansehen. Danach gingen wir ins Bett, um unsere letzte Nacht dort zu verbringen. Am Freitag durften wir den Morgen mit anspruchsvollen Putzeinheiten verbringen. Anschliessend verliessen wir unser Lagerhaus. Danach fuhren wir mit stürmischem Seewind in Richtung Luzern, wo wir ein Mittagessen zu uns nahmen. Am Schluss reisten wir glücklich und müde mit dem Zug zurück nach Hause. 

Redaktion: Ayleen Kolb, Ryan McKeown und Ramon Christen

Götti-Gotti-Event vom 21. August 2018: Die 3.-Sekler begleiten die neuen 1.-Sekler

Besuch im Atelier von Behrouz Varghaiyan vom 14. Juni 2018

Challenge-Day im April 2018


Über 200 motivierte Schülerinnen und Schüler der Sek Schmittenwis haben sich an das Experiment «Lip Dub» gewagt. Das Ergebnis lässt sich sehen!

Video: QwEr Jorns, Philipp Bleuer (qwerFLIP Productions)